Moms: 7 Tips to Organize Your School Kids
by Barbara Myers
Place a hook for outerwear and a shelf or mat for shoes near the door.
Have kids deposit their coats, hats, gloves and shoes upon entering.
Each evening, have them replace with tomorrow's shoes and jackets.
2. Have kids empty their backpacks when they
arrive home. Provide a basket in which they can place anything for
3. Make sure your kids have a well-lit place to
do homework. Teach them to use in/out trays to ensure no homework
4. Give them chores. Teachers report that
kids who regularly do chores at home are more responsible in the
5. Help kids manage their time. Teach them
to list all their responsibilities (chores, homework, soccer practice)
and how much time each will take.
6. Prepare each evening. Pick out clothes
and shoes. Pack lunches. Set out breakfast. Place
backpack by the door.
7. Make an out-the-door checklist. Note
everything they need to take to school. Post it on the door.
Free "50 Ways to Manage Your Time" tips booklet.
Copyright 2002-2013 Barbara Myers. All
Publishers may reprint this article only if it if
reprinted in full and includes complete signature line.